Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Stockings Are Hung...



The tree is up and decorated with all of our favorite ornaments. We've visited Santa. The cards are signed and sent. My shopping is almost done except for a few last minute stocking stuffers. I still have gifts to wrap but that can wait a day or two. There is egg nog in the fridge. We're ready.

Soon Bryn will have her own "computer" and a little digital camera to call her own courtesy of her doting parents and maybe she can take over her blog. I'm sure she'd be better at regular posting than I am.

Last week Bryn and I went to see Franklin's Family Christmas show. She sang her little heart out and danced along with Franklin and put me in the Christmas spirit. With all the busyness of work and shopping I seemed to be lacking the spirit this year but watching her have such a good time sure turned that around. It's amazing how much power a small child can hold, how much joy her smile can bring. 




The last days of fall.

Fun with paints.

Cutting dad's hair.

Caia and Bryn at our adoption group Christmas supper.

The first snowman of the year using almost every flake in the backyard.

Modeling the tree skirt.

5 comments:

Beth said...

YEAH!!!!!! Thanks so much. That painting one is too funny....and did she really have scissors in her hand in that one with Girard???? I love the tree skirt one too...heck they're all great. Just so nice to hear what's going on. I know how time gets away from you!! Believe me. And it's true how they spread the excitement. Every day when the tree lights up it's like the first time she's ever seen it, she always squeals with delight.
Thanks for posting:)

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Yay! I love it! Looks like Bryn is having a ball and has mom and dad wrapped around her little finger (much like things are at our house). So nice of Girard to sacrifice his beautiful locks for the sake of a budding cosmetologist!

Like all of our Xinyu girls, Bryn is looking so much older. Where has the time gone, my friend?

Have a wonderful Christmas season!
xo

Monica said...

Very impressive snowman given the tiny bit of snow! That tree skirt pic, by the way, cracks me up. It's so funny and cute at the same time.

Great minds think alike apparently because we got Claire a little camera for Christmas too. I never thought how she could assist with the blog, though! Good thinking! I'll get her right on that ...

Merry Christmas to your beautiful family,

Monica, Paul, Claire and Ren

Kath said...

I love all the photos! The tree skirt one is totally cute! Looks like there is never a dull moment with Bryn around!

Isn't that funny, we got a camera for Maeve too. She is always walking around snapping photos with a toy one that she got in PEI or trying to take pictures with mine, so we figured she should get one of her own.

It certainly will add a new twist to our blogging.

Shea said...

What a beautiful tree skirt you are, Bryn! I think Caia will come to you for haircuts from now on, instead of Ayven. :)

I wish we could've gone to Franklin with you. Next time! Sounds like you're all in Christmas mode. I can't wait to hear about Christmas morning.