We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Bryn was really into everything -- baking cookies, decorating, making Christmas crafts, singing Christmas carols, and unwrapping gifts. She's still singing Christmas carols and today she told me she doesn't like when it's not Christmas. She also decided "Santa is a pretty good guy" even though she'd still prefer not to sit on his lap.
My dad came to spend a few days before Christmas and we celebrated early with him, and Girard's mom and dad, sister and two nieces came after Christmas for a visit. So Bryn had days and days of Christmas and enjoyed every minute of it. We had a quiet Christmas morning with just the three of us -- as quiet as it can be with an almost-three-year-old having tons of fun with all her presents. Bryn woke up at 7 and said "Is it Christmas now, Mom?" so the day started early. Girard had to work so that was disappointing but we had Christmas dinner at my cousin's with her family and my aunt, uncle and grandma and Girard was able to get a couple of hours off to join us so we were thankful for that. Thanks, Kim, for having us!!
Santa (and everyone else) was good to Bryn this year. She loves her new camera and all her puzzles and toys and games. For weeks before Christmas she kept saying she wanted Santa to bring her a puzzle, a book and a thermos -- she's young enough to have a short list (I'm thinking this might change over the years). Her favorite presents were two new I Spy books (she loves I Spy books) which she spends hours looking at.
Mmmmm...baking, decorating and testing the Christmas cookies.
Thank you for the Christmas present, Papa!
Leaving milk and cookies for Santa.

5 comments:
I'm so happy I checked (yet again today). I'll forget while I'm writing and now I can't go back and check, but here's what I love - the non-pose in front of the tree. Bryn with gr. grandma and the one with you and Bryn (Rae, you seriously look about 25!) Looks like she had a blast. Love reading about all her reactions and adventures over the holidays. Love them all.
Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas holiday. Who says Christmas has to be just one day of the year!
Miss Bryn is so very talented with the baking, art, computering and rocking out! I'm exhausted just looking at the photos.
Looking forward to seeing some of Bryn's photo art. :-)
Wow! Great Christmas recap, Rae!
Bryn looks like she has so much hair in those pictures!! I think it's especially when it's 'down' instead of pulled back. She looks so different in some of those photos!
Looks like you had lots of family around you over the holidays. That's what it's all about.
Love the picture of the two of you!!
xo
Ah, the baking pics! Those are always my favourites but with so many great photos - and beautiful ones with family - it's hard to choose.
Wonderful Christmas recap, Rae!
Great Christmas pics, Rae. Bryn is lucky to be surrounded by so much love. She looks very mature in these photos. I especially loved her as a little baker. She looks like she knows what she's doing!
Post a Comment