Monday, February 16, 2009

The Birthday Girl




These are Bryn's "official" I'm 3! photos. She's still not fond of having her picture taken but we thought these turned out perfect.

She had a blast at her party. She was so excited about everything ("It's a party for me! I'm three! Mom, can you believe I'm so 
big?!") and loved every minute. I thought she was going to bust with excitement when we sang to her. Thanks to everyone for coming to celebrate her special day with us (and those who couldn't be here but who celebrated in spirit!) and for loving Bryn the way you do.

Two years ago today we arrived home from China with our precious baby girl. She weighed just under 16 lbs. then and was a whooping 28" tall. Now, at 3-years-old, she's 30 lbs. and almost 37".

Here are some photos of her special day. 








This week two of the families we shared our Forever Family Day with are returning to China to meet the newest little loves of their lives. We're so incredibly happy for them and can't wait to meet the additions to our China family. We send much love to Carolyn, Marvin & Kennedy and Monica, Paul & Claire. Travel safe, dear friends, and give Jaida and Ren huge hugs from all of us! 


5 comments:

Monica said...

Such beautiful photos! I love Bryn's gorgeous smile in the first one, and I love, love, love her sense of fun in the second.

It looks like Bryn's party was a blast! So many great friends, great presents and yummy cake. Speaking of the cake, Rae, what happened to your picture on it?! ;)

Thank you so much for your good wishes about our trip! I think it'll almost feel like you are all there with us again because of the suppport you've been offering all along. We'll certainly be thinking of you too (in between the chaos of coping with two toddlers!)

Love Monica, Paul, Claire and soon-to-be-home, Ren

Beth said...

oooohhhhh, just too grown up looking. They are great photos. do I see "one fish, two fish, red fish, bleu fish"? I like that one b/c you can skip pages and it's all good (yes, sometimes I just can't do the whole thing, bad mom!) She certainly is glowing in those pics. I can just imagine her bursting at the excitement! Thanks for sharing, I was about to harass!

Kath said...

Gorgeous!

These girls sure are growing up fast. Luckily, they'll always be our babies!

Shea said...

Beautiful photos. Bryn looks so old in those photos! Thanks again for the great party. Her cake was beautiful, and Bryn was so great about sharing her toys with the other kids. Caia also thanks you for the cookies! I think she snuck an extra one on our way out the door...

my3 kids said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Bryn..sorry we are late! Your pictures sure are beautiful and it looks like you had a really yummy cake. Hugs sweet girl.