Saturday, February 5, 2011

Forever Family Day

Today is Forever Family Day and also Forever Friends Day. Four years ago today we became a family of three (plus one dog). We shared the day with our travel mates, who became families of three, four, even five, and who also became our treasured friends.

Each year we say how much Bryn has changed our lives and how much we love her, and each year I think we should be saying more. But there are only so many ways to say how incredibly lucky and proud we are to be the parents of such an amazing little girl and how much joy she has brought into our lives.

Happy Forever Family Day, Bryn. We love you to the moon and back -- a boogazillion times. To paraphrase our girl, "A boogazillion million plus the universe, plus as high as an apartment, plus all the way to Jupiter, plus 24 and 63 and all the other high numbers." And more every day.

Today, Forever Family Day is being celebrated by our friends from Vancouver to P.E.I. and points between. To our Forever Friends, we miss you and hope the day brings special memories for your families. Hugs and love to you and your girls!


Our first night together in Beijing and the beginnings of a smile.

Bryn with her Chinese passport. The photo on her passport was
taken about an hour after we first held her. As you can see, she wasn't
as happy to meet us as we were to meet her!


4 comments:

Beth said...

OH, I'm gonna cry!! Special day for sure. We were thinking of all of you. I LOVE the pic with her passport - may have to steal that one from you:) Love and hugs

Beth said...

Special day for sure. Were thinking of you lots. I LOVE the passport pic. May have to steal that one from you:)

Hugs and love

Shea said...

What beautiful words. Happy Forever Family Day! I think I can accurately say that it was a pleasure to spend every second on this journey with you, right from that morning flight out of Saskatoon!

Bryn's Chinese passport is a carbon copy of Caia's, with a wailing little face! I think Caia was mad to be separated from her Cheerios for a few minutes.

RoLo said...

Adias passport photo is the same, shame I just remember going from room to room and table to table and then being told Hold Baby, smile photo.......