This is Bryn's big year. Much to her delight, she started kindergarten. We were a bit conflicted on our feelings about it -- I was sad for me but happy for her, Bryn was super excited and Girard was somewhere in the middle.
Registration was Monday, August 29 and her first day of actual class was Tuesday. Registration was basically just a time to meet the teacher and show the kids their classroom. Piece of cake.
The real first day was a bit harder. Bryn was so excited she was finally going to kindergarten. I was a bit teary but actually thought I'd be fine, especially since we'd been there the day before. Bryn's teacher, Mrs. O.K., had told the parents that we should plan on staying for the first 1/2 hour of class.
The kids had a tour of the classroom, were told some basic rules and we took a little tour of the school. Then we went back to the class for storytime before it was time for the parents to leave.
When I saw the book The Kissing Hand sitting on Mrs. O.K.'s chair I knew I was in trouble. I love that book but it makes me cry every time I read it. It's a beautiful story and perfect for the first day of kindergarten but hearing it really hit home. My girl is growing up. Sniff.
Bryn loves school and is so ready for the new challenges. Her only complaint is that it's only half days rather than full and she can't go on weekends. She now has 3 full weeks under her belt and she loves it more every day.
Registration day.
First day of school. Yay!
Sniff.
3 comments:
You could tell her there's courses online - she could register for extra there perhaps:) She cracks me up. I can just imagine she's like a little sponge and probably knows everything they're doing already! Mine sometimes complains she has to go - she has plans to play you know!!
Great post Rae. This would make a perfect photo book! I love your sequence of photos.
She looks so old. Sniff. I'm glad she's loving school, and after-school care too.
halloween update soon????????? :)
Post a Comment