Sunday, August 26, 2012

Christmas in August (!)


Oy. That's bad. No excuses, it's clearly poor time management skills.

We had a wonderful Christmas. It gets better every year -- Bryn's excitement over everything to do with Christmas escalates with each year and she has such fun even Scrooge would have a hard time keeping a smile off his face.


As you know, Christmas is a busy time.

First, there's the preparation...

Picking out a tree.



 Decorating it with special friends.





All done!

 Making the gingerbread house.


 And chocolates.

And cookies.

 Visiting the Enchanted Forest.

 Brushing up on our winter sports.

 Creating a Christmas masterpiece.


Performing in the school Christmas concert.

 And having a Christmas visit with BFFs.


It's Christmas Eve. Only one more sleep but still so much to do...

 Santa needs lights to guide his way.

The reindeer need a snack.

 And so does Santa.

He also needs some special letters.

And a magic key to get in the house.

 The presents need a final shake.

 And we're good to go!


 Last but not least, a bedtime story.

All ready!  :)


Finally, finally it's Christmas Day...


It looks like Santa was here!

 And it's time to open presents!

 Jessie loved her sock monkey.

 Our chief BBQer got a new apron.

 Bryn went shopping at the Christmas "store" at her school and picked
out a gift for her dad.

 Fun with the new toys.

And the boxes and paper.

It was a green, brown and a-little-bit-of-white Christmas.

 Our annual family photo.

 Bob joined us for Christmas dinner.

And stayed to play.


It was the best Christmas ever!


3 comments:

Beth said...

Actually I liked reliving it in August! Just think, it will be here again in no time! She does look super happy. Love all the prep pics and her lovely pics for Santa. I bet he likes your house the best of all:) We bought the other Costco Christmas dress! (I think that's where you got it right?) They have the best fancy dresses! Can't wait for this year's pics!

Beth said...

Actually I liked reliving it in August! Just think, it will be here again in no time! She does look super happy. Love all the prep pics and her lovely pics for Santa. I bet he likes your house the best of all:) We bought the other Costco Christmas dress! (I think that's where you got it right?) They have the best fancy dresses! Can't wait for this year's pics!

Shea said...

You need to make a photo book from this post. Perfect memories of Bryn's 5th Christmas! You guys have all the traditions covered. I'm so glad we benefit from your Christmas baking and chocolate making. :)