Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Our Little Sponge





She looks very grown up here!



Giving kisses to her favorite toy, Tad



"Can I please have an extra large with pepperoni and mushrooms?"



Blowing kisses



"Hmmmm...can I please have U.S. Presidents for $800, Alex?"



Winking



Please note: most of her pants fit better than this!


Isn't it amazing how much a baby can absorb in such a short time? I'm sure Bryn has learned more in the past seven weeks than we've learned in the past seven years.

She's almost crawling. I think if we didn't have hardwood floors she would be. She took her first assisted steps the other day and she was almost as excited as we were.

She's learned how to wink which is hilarious because, like all kids I'm sure, she winks with both eyes. And she gets her mouth going too.

She waves hi and bye and blows kisses. She kisses everything...her toys, her books, our dog Jessie and even us.

She gets very excited when I start singing Rubber Duckie because she knows it's her bathtime. (Or maybe it's just my singing.)

She's very curious and wants to know what everything is. She points at everything and says "ah? ah?" and won't stop until you tell her what it is. She loves to tour around the house with her dad looking at new things.

We're amazed at how many words she understands. And she's starting to talk a bit. She can say mom (yay!), bottle, book, eyes, hi , button, banana. For some reason she always yells when she says banana...ANANA, ANANA! Girard is working on getting her to say "dad" but she's holding out on that one for now.

She's learning some baby signing and is especially good at "hungry", "more" and "bedtime".

She can point to all the parts of her face and loves to look for eyes in pictures everywhere. The other day she saw a picture of an ATV in a magazine, pointed at the headlights and said "eyes". I know that technically she's wrong but you must admit that's quite brilliant!

5 comments:

Beth said...

So glad I checked before bed! She is brilliant! So funny, for the past 2 wks Ava has been frantically pointing too, a number of things in each room. She's obsessed with clocks and when Grandpa comes she does a "tour" too - but Gr. lets her touch stuff which we don't (thus the broken Ukranian Easter egg - yep, I'm a bit miffed!) Ava doesn't kiss her stuff, she hugs everything and says Awwww! Love seeing Bryn and all her faces! Miss ya...

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Sounds like a brilliant child to me! Keep those pictures coming. Like I said, it feels like we're not missing a thing when we're able to keep up with each other via our blogs...the next best thing to being there I guess :(

Monica said...

Wow - she's a smart one! Congratulations, Bryn, on your first assisted steps! And I'm so impressed about her vocabulary so far.

(By the way, the Jeopardy photo and caption is hilarious!)

Shea said...

I loved watching her wink. Although dad may regret teaching her that when she starts winking at boys!!

I also love the way she blows kisses. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

Wow
great pictures. I love the wink.
thanks again for keeping us so up-to-date with what is happening in your house.
Love Leigh Ann