November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
Bryn and Caia celebrate Chinese New Year together.

Shootin' hoops with Dad.
Say "cheese"!
There you have it. A few photos from our life over the past year. The time has flown by and as much as we miss the baby Bryn was, we treasure every moment with her now as a toddler and we're anxious to see what the future has in store for us.
Our days in China are etched in our memories and, much to our surprise, we miss it and can't wait to go back. As corny as it may sound China is the only place I've visited where I feel as though I left a piece of myself behind. Our emotional ties to our daughter's homeland and the incredible people who live there are much stronger than we ever thought they'd be.
A huge thank you to all our family and friends for your love and support over the past year and for welcoming Bryn into your lives. Her transformation since coming home is due in part to the love you've all shown her.
Happy 1st Anniversary of Forever Family Day to our extended family. I know we've said this countless times in the past year but we are so truly blessed to have all of you in our lives...again, it's so very hard to put into words. We miss you and look forward to a reunion of all the China sisters someday...Sarah, Bryn, Ashlee, Roshandra, Ava, Elizabeth, Maeve, Kennedy, Cassandra, Julie, Claire and Caia.
5 comments:
Wow. You sure made me teary, Rae. You're right that you can't put Gotcha Day into words because it was so magical. I loved your year in review, especially the photos I hadn't seen before. Bryn's little face is still the same, but she's grown into such a little girl. Can you believe that was your life the past year? I completely understand what you mean when you say it's hard to let go of the baby, but exciting to embrace the toddler.
I'll say it again that we are blessed to be able to see you anytime we want to. We've shared some amazing times. I was thinking about how appropriate it was that we shared our last lunch together, pre-babies, a year ago, and now we're starting a new tradition of dim sum on Forever Family Day.
Love Shea and Caia
Beautiful!
We feel blessed to have travelled to China with you and to have met our daughters in the very same room on the very same day.
Hope you have a wonderful day together.
xo
Carolyn, Marvin and Kennedy
I always love your posts! This one (well five) is a beautiful stroll through your past year of memories.
The girls are growing up so fast! We're honoured to have been there to share that first 10 days with you.
Happy Forever Family Day!
Kath, Pat and Maeve
That day a year ago was incredibly surreal but as your photos from the past year demonstrate, reality did kick in and it was fantastic!
What a remarkable transformation from the baby Bryn to the big girl Bryn. We too mourn the passing of the baby stage, but each day of toddlerhood is thrilling, isn't it?
Thank you for your friendship and support over this past year. I've loved every moment of blogging and emailing with you, and was thrilled whenever we could get together in person. I'm so happy that Claire will grow up knowing her Xinyu sisters and travel aunties and uncles!
Sorry I'm late commenting but that's how it goes! Absolutely love all the photos, won't even attempt a favourite! Thanks sooooo much for all of those. A picture is really worth a thousand words!
Miss you guys so much! Big squeeze to all of you.
Post a Comment