So, when I get bigger I'm going to live in an inpartment all by myself. And you and dad can visit me. I will live down the street so you can walk there. And I will eat hard candy and drink coke and drive a motorcycle. But that's not for a long time.
Remember when I was two, mom? I didn't know good manners. Now I know good manners but sometimes I forget. Hey, wait a minute! I'm not a man, I'm a girl. I have good girlers. And you have good lady-ers.
Mom, how 'bout we sit here and talk about bugs? Ladybugs and spiders and mosquitoes and stuff like that. Do you like bugs, mom? Ladybugs are painted red and black. God must have markers just like me.
Mom, did you go pee at work? You did?! I'm sooooooo proud of you, you should have a Smartie.
Today I'm going to eat all my vegetables. Just for a change.
I would like a bigger house. When I get stronger I will pick up our house and take it to another little girl who needs a house and then we can get a bigger one. It's good manners to share, right?
Jessie, we can't jump on the couch 'cuz those are the rules. Mom, why are there so many rules?
If I pee on the floor or the rug or the couch or sumthin' like that, that's okay 'cuz that's just a accident and I'm just little.
When will dad be home? After lunch, Bryn. Then I will eat fast so he comes home earlier.
Everybody can't be a boy, right? 'Cuz then there'd be boy moms and boy grandmas and all people would be boys. If I was a boy and dad was a girl that would be different.
Mom, you're special. But why are you so old?
It's been awhile since my last post. Our computer died a few weeks after my last entry, along with our external hard drive, so I've been trying to retrieve files, photos, email, etc. for the past few weeks. Since Bryn has absolutely no patience when I sit down at the computer it's been a long process.
We're still trying hard to potty train Bryn. She is, to say the least, not very interested in doing her part to get out of pull-ups. We've had her potty for well over a year, which is when she first showed an interest in being trained. I was convinced she'd be trained quickly -- I had hoped by last summer for sure. Then I figured Christmas. Then her 3rd birthday. People tell me not to worry about it because she "won't go to school in diapers". I'm beginning to think she'll be the only 8-year-old in Kindergarten.
A few weeks ago, in an attempt to delay her bedtime, Bryn wanted out of the tub 3 times during her bath to "try to go pee or poop" on her potty. I knew it was all just a stall tactic and nothing would come of it but I can't very well say no when she wants to try, just in case she's actually telling the truth. It took us almost an hour to have a bath that night. Three minutes after I got her pjs on her she announced she was peeing. Arrgghhh! I thought I'd try a little reverse psychology and told her if she wasn't ready to use the potty that was okay but we were going to pack away all her potty training stuff -- the potty, her pretty panties, the books she reads when she's on the pot and the Smarties she gets as a reward if she does happen to go. "OK, but don't forget to put away my good job stickers, too," she said. Arrgghh again. I don't think I'm going to win this one.
Bryn continues to be a chatterbox. From the minute she hits the floor in the morning til at least 1/2 hour after she goes to bed at night, she is talking. And singing. And counting. And reading to us. Considering Girard has always said he has a quota of words for each day (a small quota, though it is a lot larger since we've had Bryn) and when he runs out he doesn't talk anymore, and I'm pretty much incapable of making small talk, I don't know where she picked up her gift of gab. Rhyming everything is her latest thing which can be a little risky in public because sometimes she ends up saying a not-so-nice word.
One of Bryn's favorite conversations lately is how old everyone is and what she was like when she was "little" and the things she will do when she is big. How old will you be when I'm 20? Was dad 25 yet? When I was half I lived in China. Remember when I was one and I said goo goo gaga instead of thank you? Can you believe I'll be four on my next birthday?! When I'm bigger I will ride a bike with two wheels. When I'm 12 or 16 or 30 or sumthin' I can stay all by myself with no babysitter. Mom, when I'm six I'll go to school, will you miss me?
Yes Bryn, yes I will.
Bryn loves her new trampoline.
Whadya mean they're too big?!
"Mom, I need privacy when I'm peeing."
A rare non-talking moment.
Yay! I can ride my bike!
Performing to an audience of two at the bandstand.
Despite the fact a spider can send her screaming in fear to another room, Bryn will pick up a canker worm and carry it all over the place.
It's finally summer!!!!!
5 comments:
OH MY....what else can you say to all that?? Again, I'm so glad you got the really deep thinker! Seriously funny stuff. I love the big boots pic.
beth
I am so glad you wrote all this great stuff down! You must be laughing and shaking your heads all day at the stuff that Bryn comes up with.
I love all the photos but like Beth, the big boots pic is definitely a favourite! The privacy one is hilarious too. I know I always say this but your gal is such a character!
Happy Summer to you!
Great pics. I love the privacy photo, with her legs peeking under the shower curtain. Classic!
It's funny that Bryn has always been a Chatty Cathy, and spoke so clearly at such a young age. Her brain must be going non-stop, storing away topics to discuss later. You and Girard will be looking for jobs at a library for a little quiet time! :) Imagine how dull life would be without Bryn's stories.
See you soon!
Rae, what a great post. How I wish I could be there to have a chat with Bryn myself. She's a wise one, that girl :)
Hugs and love from PEI
What a sweetie...It's so great to see how well Bryn is doing and what a smart little girl she is. I have had fun catching up with you guys...I had lost everything on our computer so Shea helped me get back to your blog. I hear you have facebook too so look for me. I tried looking for you but wasn't sure what you are under? Anywa, we won't make it out your way this summer but I hope too next. Hugs and enjoy your summer and your sweet girl. Janice
Post a Comment