
Bryn started preschool last Monday. She was so excited she could hardly wait for the weekend to be over. Usually she doesn't like Mondays because it means we go back to work and she goes back to daycare but last weekend couldn't go fast enough for her. Girard told her to enjoy her last "free" weekend because for the next 60 years she'd either be in school or working. I think he's a bit jaded. :)
I signed up to be the helping parent for Bryn's first day. On the way to school she said "I don't need you to be there Mom, you can go to work. I'll be fine by myself, I don't need any help." (Sniff.) It took some convincing but I finally got her to believe I was going to assist the teacher, not her. Which wasn't entirely true because one of the reasons I volunteered for the first day was for me. :) I still can't believe she's old enough to be starting preschool. My baby isn't a baby anymore. Or even a toddler. She's a little girl. And I'm so proud of her and the little person she's growing up to be.
Bryn loved her first day and it was wonderful to see her having such a great time. Because I was the helping parent she got to be the teacher's special assistant -- she put the date up on the calendar, she led the way to gym, she got to take something for show and tell -- it was a very exciting day. She can't believe how many toys there are, she's amazed at the indoor sandbox and of course, she loves snack time. She likes her teacher and doesn't seem to mind she's the only girl in class with four little boys.
Here are some photos from her first official day of school, her orientation day (a week before actual classes began) and also her first day of dance class. She had a busy week!
Going into school for the very first time on Orientation Day.
So excited to have her very own locker.
The kids met their teacher and got to check out their class.
An indoor sandbox!
Yay! First day of school!
All ready to go.

Hurry up Mom, let's go!
My big girl. It was cold that day and she didn't want to pose for long.

Practicing her moves before dance class.
One final pose for the camera before the parents were shooed out the door. We were allowed to peek through a little window to watch for awhile but couldn't stay for the class. This dance stuff is serious business!
3 comments:
Bryn looks so excited to be going to pre-school. We get the same reaction around here. The girls are thrilled to go each day.
Time is absolutely flying by, isn't it? In no time we'll be discussing college tuition.
Glad the transition has gone smoothly!
xo
Such a great update!
But Rae, that first picture of Bryn heading off into school almost made me cry! I know I should be happy but, as you say, "Sniff"!
I love, love, love the "ready to go" picture of Bryn. She looks so mature and ready to take on the world. Which she is, right?
And those ballet pictures ... so precious.
Awww! Our girls are growing up too fast. I can't believe how old Bryn looks, especially in the locker picture. I was saying to a colleague the other day that the kindergarten students at my school used to seem so little, but now I look at them and think they look like our girls. It gives me a whole new perspective.
I'm glad she's enjoying dance class. She looks so pretty in pink.
Post a Comment