

As we are prone to do, we're doing things a bit backwards. The paperwork has been long since completed, the endless wait and frustrating delays are over. We've already packed, traveled and unpacked, survived the wild bus rides in Nanchang, used squat toilets and eaten camel hump. We've walked on the Great Wall and visited Tiananmen Square and bartered with the Chinese locals for trinkets and treasures. We've met and traveled with a group of amazing people and formed friendships that, we hope, will last a lifetime. Now, after all of that, we're starting a blog. For those of you who know us well this won't come as much of a surprise. We do a lot of things backwards. Which is why, at ages 45 and 44, we have just become parents.
We've already been to China and are now back with our precious Bryn, arriving home in Saskatoon, Sask., Canada on February 16. Many people in our travel group did the smart thing — they set up their blogs months before they went to China, and updated them while there. We're not to savvy, hence the late start-up to this blog.
We'll start with posting the photos we first saw of her on December 4, 2006. We loved her from the minute we saw her and continue to love her more ever day. She's an amazing little girl!
Byrn turned one on February 10, while we were in China. You are welcome to share our journey and hers as she grows and learns more about the wide (and wild) world before her.
5 comments:
Can't wait to see more. Keep it comin'!
Better late than never!
Horray!!! Yes indeed, better late than never. One more blog for me to be addicted to...awesome! Remember, we want to see pics of Bryn's mom and dad too!! Love you guys!
I love keeping tabs on the babies through blogs. Caia and I have the luxury of visiting your family in person, but it's still nice to follow your blog.
Congratulations!
I love it!
I have become addicted to checking the internet for the baby pictures. While you were in China, I was looking for pictures of you but now I am enjoying watching these children change. And do they change quickly!!!!
Keep the pictures and stories coming. Maybe I might even try a hand at blogging.
good night from Kentucky, tornado watches included. Leigh Ann
Post a Comment