Friday, March 9, 2007

Snow day



Yesterday we discovered Bryn doesn't like the snow. We wanted to get a picture of her on the huge snowbanks in our yard but the minute we plopped her on top the snowbank she started to cry. This is the only shot we managed to get before we had to take her inside and cheer her up.

Last night Bryn's Auntie Nonie and Uncle Wayne came to visit and Bryn was putting on quite a show for them. She's really coming out of her shell. We also visited at Girard's office and she was a hit there, too. Girard goes back to work on Monday so it will be another adjustment for Bryn (and me) but I know we'll do just fine. Girard would much rather stay home and have me go back to work but fortunately I came out the winner in that discussion.

Tomorrow we're going to the monthly gathering of the Saskatoon group of children adopted from China. We'll finally be able to met Regan, newest daughter of Sharon and Daryl Lesyshyn and sister for Tanys, who came home the week before us from Guandong. We'll post some photos in the next few days of them and the other children we meet there.



Look out Rocky Balboa!


Who's the pretty baby?



Jessie reading one of Bryn's books

5 comments:

Monica said...

I love the pictures! Hmmm ... it's no surprise that the spicy Jiangxi girl doesn't like snow! Claire has kept her distance from the snow so far and now today it's really beginning to melt. Looks like we'll have to wait until next year to get our "snow day" photo.

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

How cute are BOTH your kids? Ofcourse Bryn is a doll, but Jessie...how cute is Jessie? I love the mirror on the crib. Great idea. Wish you guys could come over for a visit...how is the "fund" coming along? Just think how much fun Kennedy, Bryn and Roshandra would have together (not to mention all the parents!!)

Anonymous said...

Bryn is so cute! She looks good with the pink housecoat. I bet her cousins in Kentucky REALLY want to meet her and visit Jesse of course. It may be bad she doesen't like snow, because I hear you get a lot up there in Canada. Love,Brianna

Anonymous said...

Hey, where's that kid's hat!!! Lucky you weren't hit by the clothing police -tee hee!
I love the robe! Too cute for words.

Shea said...

I can't believe the snow we have! Bryn will need some rubber boots pretty soon when it all melts. Now that will be a picture!