Sunday, May 4, 2008

Catching Up



It's been busy around here since I went back to work. I've been back 4 weeks now and if I ever get caught up with things that need to be done at home it will be a miracle. I'm behind in everything -- housework, yard work, email, blogging -- and wonder if I'll ever get to the end of my list of to-dos. Even Bryn has noticed how far behind I am -- I'm embarrassed to say yesterday she told me I have "whiskers" on my legs. Anyway, I've decided a new post is more important than a clean floor or silky, smooth legs (though I'm sure Girard would disagree).

The best news of the past few weeks is Bryn has adjusted nicely to daycare. I was really worried about it since the first few times we left her she screamed and cried the entire time we were gone, but she's doing very well. The sitter (Denise) has taken a shine to Bryn and is very good to her. She lives only about 5 blocks from us so it's nice and handy for drop offs and picking up after work. Girard takes Bryn to Denise's about 1.00 and I pick her up by 5.00 so it's a short day for her. I find the evenings go too fast, though -- by the time we have supper and play a bit it's almost time for a bath and bed. Thankfully Bryn doesn't go to bed until 9.00 or 9.30 so we do have a bit of time together but it still seems to short to me.

We're getting into our yard work now that winter is finally over. It's still been cool but at least the threat of more snow is gone (knock wood). I can't wait to go to the greenhouse and get all my flowers and start digging in the dirt with Bryn. She's already watering everything, from the dirt to her shoes so it's going to be a fun summer. I think I might spend a lot of my time refilling her watering can and trying to keep her from digging up the flowers but hopefully we can get her sandbox built soon and that will keep her from digging where she's not supposed to. She's not big on getting her hands dirty but I'm sure I can turn her into a gardener in no time.

Bryn's latest pastime is singing. She's been a chatterbox for months but now she's singing all the time, everything from Oh My Darling Clementine to the Backyardigans theme song. (One of my favorites is Yankee Doodle "Bambi".) She sings everywhere she goes -- in the car, her crib, the tub, the grocery store, when we're out walking in the park. I wish I could have a video camera on her all day just to capture all the memories.




We'll get it figured out before the summer is over.






Watching the pelicans.








"And that's how I met the president
of the U-nited States of America."


Our cool girl.


I've also posted a cute video of Bryn and Caia but had to put it in a separate post because of the size.





5 comments:

Monica said...

Great update, Rae! Thank you for putting this post ahead of "whisker" removal!

That close-up shot of Bryn's face is stunning - stunning!! It's such a perfect photo of your beautiful girl. I love all the photos but that one is really incredible.

I'm behind here too so I gotta run. Sorry to make this so short!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update.
We were going thru withdrawl. What a cute niece I have.
I know the kids will love the post. I will let know after school/tennis/work etc.
Thank you. Auntie Leigh Ann

Beth said...

OK I must say well worth the wait. Those photos are truly breathtaking! Every single one. Enlargement worthy. You'll have to get a bigger house to hang them all! Glad to hear she's settling in at the sitter's....now if it were just as easy to settle in to work!! I consider the lottery more and more each day.

Shea said...

This was well worth the wait! Bryn looks very grown up in these photos. I love them all. What a great day at the weir.

It sounds like you have a little gardener-in-training. I can just see the 2 of you tending to your flowers. What a photo opportunity that will be!

Kath said...

Thanks for a great update. Bryn is growing up so fast. Glad to hear that she is adjusting to the sitters. I'm sure the sitter loves her. Who wouldn't love such a bubbly little cutie!